Blog Background

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spanx!

No, this is not a dirty S&M blog, and I am not saying thanks like we did way back when, I wanted to let you all know of my newest purchase, that I have decided was a gift from above! It is pantyhose that have no feet--a.k.a. Spanx! I was completely under the impression that control top pantyhose were for old women and for those who were, let's say, a little fluffy! But, I was oh-so-wrong! While at Whitney's wedding this weekend, some bridesmaids (who will remain nameless) who are much smaller than me, were wearing their Spanx, or wishing that they had not forgotten theirs at home! And these are trendy girls--so I thought, "What the heck! " I was tired of sucking in my stomach, and many of my honeymoon dresses were fitting a little (okay, I'll admit it, ALOT) too tight for my liking! So today I was at my newest favorite store, Nordstrom Rack (those of you in Nashville do not have the pleasure of this store--it is like Off 5th--but for Nordstrom!) and I saw the huge rack of discounted Spanx--they usually sell for $30, but these were only $9.97! I felt a little silly, but took the plunge and brought them home! I immediately ran into my bedroom, with Callie right behind me, and pulled these little pieces of heaven on! I pulled out the dresses that were a little too tight, and Voila! no more sucking in--Spanx does the sucking in for you! Let's just say that I am no longer a critic, but a true believer in them--thank you Sara Blakely (the inventor) for changing my wardrobe. Now, if I can just get Andy to think they are sexy....

8 comments:

Angie said...

Ooooo, I didn't know these existed! I thought they only came in the girdle form. I must admit that I have been a control top wearer for years, and now I need a pair of these for the summer months!

Becky said...

Whoa! Who knew? You are not the only one out of the loop! I had no idea! I just got on the website for them... how cool!!!

chris anne said...

yes! they are wonderful. i borrowed my moms at my cousins wedding and have been wanting them ever since. but i didn't want to spend the money. i'd love to find them for cheap like you did. you know they have pants, too!

Jillina said...

Oh my word I just checked your blog and expected the Old Merry christmas entry and all this new stuff came up. My apologizes beefy, I'll be checking in on you more frequently since your back in the world of blogging. Yay!!

Lindsay said...

I've been wanting to buy some for a long time. The lady that invented them was on Oprah not too long ago. However, I think I need more than Spanx to get into my honeymoon dresses : )

VintageDeb said...

I wear Spanx under all my skirts and dresses and I just love them! Because of Spanx, I am more confident when I dress up and so I dress up more. Whether or not my husband finds them sexy, he has said that he really loves the way I've been dressing ever since I started wearing Spanx. So there is a way, I guess, that husbands can find them sexy.

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Unfortunately, I've known a/b Spanx for a while...that's what all of you skinny girls get for being skinny forever. :-) They are lifesavers...kinda hot in the summer, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Congrats to Whitney to on her wedding celebration!!! All of you girls look great.

And Callie is a doll...loved the fact that she made the breeder's website! Charlie and I are crazy a/b our Sophie for sure. Nothing like their lovin'!

Courtney said...

I have heard that Spanx are great! They would definitely come in handy post-baby! I will have to make the purchase...By the way, your dog is the cutest thing I have ever seen!