Blog Background

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The End of Spring Break!

Well, the end is near (of Spring Break). I am truly sad, but I also realize that I only have 7 weeks of school left once I return on Monday, and I do kind of miss the sweet kids' faces, and them yelling out my name across the school hallways, "Mrs. Nix!"--I've gotta admit it, I love it! Tonight we had Andy's family over (minus the youngest in-laws, Charlie and Rachel, we missed you guys!) to celebrate Andy's dad's birthday. I cooked for everyone, and my friend, Amanda, brought her two children over, Daisy and Grant. Daisy helped me cook dessert. Actually, she made a yummy salad made up of leftover lettuce, egg whites, and eggshells for the guys to enjoy! Here are a few pictures of our night, some of them are quite fuzzy due to my camera being on a funky setting. And Daisy's outfit is my version of a small apron, since I didn't have one available! I hope everything has a fabulous Easter. Down here, it looks like we are going to have to bust out our finest Easter snowsuits to wear since this is the coldest first weekend in April since 1886--seriously, this is ridiculous! Here are some pictures of our night! Happy Birthday, Chris!

Here is "Poppy Chris" and Grant, the newest addition to the Strine family!

Me and Daisy posing in our aprons! Smile, Daisy!

Daisy on her newest pony.

Wouldn't you love to eat this salad?"Nana Sandra" and Grant--they really want some grandkids from some of us--Andy and I got married last, so the pressure is on the other brothers' first!

3 comments:

Jillina said...

Aww sweet pictures! Glad your cooking goes better than mine, I'm better at take out. :)

chris anne said...

looks like a blast. tell amanda that grant is adorable and we hope to meet him soon. and tell chris happy birthday from the sciortinos!

Angie said...

I LOVE that we still get a Spring Break as adults!!!! Yea, for being in the school system!