Blog Background

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stunned over Thanksgiving Break!

My dad has taken up SCUBA diving as his new hobby. Over Thanksgiving break, he shared lots of stories and pictures of his training and certification test dives. Very interesting! But, imagine my surprise when he told me about the new bumper sticker he has on his truck to show the world his new hobby. I could not find the actual bumper sticker online, but below is a coffee mug with the picture on it. Please read carefully: OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, my dad did not realize exactly what this meant--and he had made the mistake of asking my mom if it was okay to put on, and she told him it was fine. Imagine the horror of having to explain to your parents why this was not an appropriate bumper sticker for one of their cars! Eli, Andy, and I laughed until we cried over this! Sorry I had to sell you out on my blog, Dad, but it was too funny of a story not to share!! Needless to say, we had a great Thanksgiving break with our families. I hope all of your Thanksgivings were wonderful as well!

16 comments:

The Parker Family said...

Glad you could be there to educate your parents...hillarious!

chris anne said...

that is quite possibly the funniest thing i've ever heard. your dad is so funny!

Whitney said...

HAHA!!! THat is so funny!! Oh Jan and Tommy, the innocent ones:) Hey by the way, we must have just missed each other at church this morning!! :( Michael and I got their late so we just sat in the lobby forever and then went inside after church was over. Boo!! I wanted to see you! Oh well. I did get to see Jacob and Merriwether though! They ate at the same restaurant we did today. She looked beautiful and it was good to talk to Jacob. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend!!

Whitney said...

OH!! And I forgot to tell you who else I saw at lunch...Josh Hartley!! And Nancy! Wow that was a blast from the past. It was great to see them too, Nancy was just as precious as ever.

Unknown said...

That is HYSTERICAL!!!

Angie said...

Sorry--that was Angie above! I guess Brad was logged on to gmail.

Jillina said...

OH MY! I've got find that picture of you, me, Stevens, Kate and someone else at Stevens house making a face at maybe Kate while she had that shirt on! Do you remember that?

Kim said...

That is hilarious!!! Aren't they just so sweet?! =)

dad mctee said...

Sell your old man out! I have scraped the sticker off the truck - especially since I'm gonna get a new coffee cup for Christmas!!

Becky said...

hahahahaha!!!! SO FUNNY!!!!! Your parents are so precious!! :)

Cristie said...

I almost peed on myself I was laughuing so hard! so funny!

Lori said...

what a hoot!

Unknown said...

Believe me...i have not gone a day without telling that story...i pretty much crap my pants everytime i tell it to people...i also show off the pic on my phone of the bumper sticker....way to go dad....I'm so Proud!!!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

That is sooooo funny! What a great laugh for the day. Merry Christmas to the Nix!

Jake said...

Bethany...that's too funny!

Tastiman said...

Thanks for sharing the experiences of your life.
Boot Dryers