Blog Background

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Friends, Anniversaries, and Football, Oh My!

I admit that I start reading everyone else's blogs, and forget that mine is not updated. When I click on someone who has not updated in awhile, I'm like, "What the heck? I wanna know what is going on with you!" then I realize I am a total hypocrite. So, to all my blogging friends, my sincerest apologies, here is the next installment of everything you did not want to know about my life...

Back in the middle of August, Brooke and her boyfriend, Daniel, came to visit us for her birthday extravaganza. We did not see them very much, since they came in the middle of the week, and we had to leave early for work, and they were gone to the Braves' games when we returned! No matter, it was still great to see you both (and to be the first to meet Daniel--yay us!).


Mine and Andy's 2 year anniversary was August 27th. Andy had done things up for our first anniversary, so I was unsure of what to expect for our 2nd. I woke up on the Saturday morning (before our anniversary on Monday), and found a handwritten note containing our agenda for the day (which included shopping, eating, and staying at a fancy-schmancy hotel--three of my favorite things!). We had a blast, and props to my sweet and thoughtful husband for being too good to be true! He even cooked on Monday night since it was our actual anniversary night. Go Andy!


The weekend after our anniversary was the opening game for UGA football! Andrea and Hunter came down to tailgate with us and spend the weekend. We had so much fun, and the Dawgs won their 1st game! I was going nuts cheering, I felt like my son was playing (if I had one:)). We won't even talk about the game last night...I want to keep things positive. Andrea and Hunter, I'm so glad you all came!


This weekend, Eli decided to escape Nashville for a weekend and come down to see us. We were unable to get tickets to the game, but went to the pool, and cooked out yummy steaks. It was so nice having Eli down to catch up on everything going on with him, and to swap stories about crazy elementary school children who make us laugh! Come back soon, Eli, we can't wait to see you again.


I only have a few pictures of our tailgating fun from the first UGA game. So many times I take my camera places, then forget to take pictures. For our anniversary, I didn't want to ask the valet guy if he would take our picture, a little embarassing! And a HUGE shout-out to the newest babe in swaddling clothes--Sam Hazlewood! Welcome Sam, and please sleep alot for your mama's sake! 1 down, 5 more to go!


Andrea and I posing at the tailgate!

I am adding this one, so you can see that we truly do "tailgate" at the back of a truck. We have quite the set-up with a TV set up with a satellite so the guys can keep up with the other NCAA games going on--Swanky!My hubby and me in our UGA colors!I took this picture because this tells you about tailgating...all the guys that are standing are total and complete strangers. They were watching the end of the Michigan/Appalachian State game with us--how funny!Random picture of Callie and her new favorite late night adventure: Playing with frogs. She has figured out that if she lays down next to them, and taps their butts with her nose, they will jump and she can chase them. Or maybe she is looking for her frog prince! Notice her hair cut. This is actually an almost 2 month old haircut that has grown out quite a bit. She is definitely a skinny-mini with a fro-head!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Yay! Thanks for the update and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Sounds like Andy did it right!! :) Glad you've had so many fun visitors and I wish I was one of them!! I miss you to pieces!!! We live too far apart.... we'll have to plan to see you somehow soon!! Love you!!!

Jillina said...

Hey Mark and I are going to the UGA game this weekend. Will you guys be there? Let's meet up if you do. Ok just call me. Love you and Happy Anniversary

Ashley & Bobby said...

great to see an update! Sounds like you are doing well.....take care!

chris anne said...

great to see an update. love the pictures. way to go andy on the anniversary stuff! what a nice guy.

Unknown said...

hey bethany - i dont know if you remember me. im karen from australia. you came out twice with uni in 1999 and 2000 i think... would love to hear from you my email is dr_karen_littmann@hotmail.com please email me - i have so much to tell you and you have alot to fill me in with too! xo karen

dad mctee said...

Bethany, you landed a jewel. You better be good to your man - maybe he'll hang around! Now, if we could just get him to eat some of Pawpaw's tomatoes!!

Angie said...

Yay for an update! I've been slacking on my blog, too! I have so many things to catch everyone up on.