Blog Background

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fall Is In The Air...

Ahhh, the crisp fall air has arrived! It is so nice to get in my car after work in the afternoons, and not suffocate before I can get it cranked! But, on the downside, there is a homeowner across the street from school, who just spread some type of manure on his field. There is nothing like having a gentle breeze waft the smell of nasty manure right into your nose--SICK!
This past weekend, Mark and Jillina came to Athens to watch the Bulldogs play. Mark was back on his old stomping grounds, and Jillina is in the final stages of her conversion from a UT Volunteer, to a tried and true, Georgia Bulldog! Welcome, Jillina! Whenever you miss that ugly UT orange, just remember that it is easier to find cute clothes in red and black! Jillina smuggled me up to club level to sit with them, and then I got the boot at halftime, because someone wanted their seats back, how rude! For some reason, I did not get a picture, but I'll get one at our baby shower weekend festival in a few weeks! After I talked Jillina's ear off, I moved over to the other side of the field to sit with Rebecca, my cousin's wife of 8 months. I did manage to get a picture of her, though!
Unfortunately, last week, we had a big loss in our family. Andy's older brother and his wife lost their golden retriever, Molly, to a freak accident. Now, don't even think about laughing when you read that we consider losing a dog a big loss. None of us have kids, so our dogs are our children. Molly got into some old charcoal that had meat on it, and the bacteria on the meat poisoned her. She was only 7 years old, she has been in the family as long as I have. Jeremy and Alesha (her parents) have been getting cards and presents from people--that was some dog! We all definitely miss her!
I am having a difficult time posting pictures, so I'll have to post later. Happy beginning of fall to all!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Bethany-
Can you send me Whitney C's email address. She wrote on my blog I needed to email her for access to hers but I don't have her email. (lauriefrantz2002@yahoo.com) Also I wanted to ask if there is home GA game on September 29th?? I have no idea because I don't keep up with the schedule anymore...point is, Annaleigh and I are going to be in town and I would love to catch up if you are in Athens. Love ya!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

I get behind on my blog a lot, plus since we don't have human children I know people don't get as interested in our lives.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Molly...I completely understand their sadness.

Enjoyed your tailgating pictures!

Jillina said...

So much fun chatting with you during the game! Hopefully we can do this again!

chris anne said...

that is terrible. please tell them how sorry i am. molly was one of the sweetest dogs ever! poor alesha. how is she taking it?