Blog Background

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

At The Beach With Harry!

No, I have not left Andy for a man named Harry, most of you can probably guess, I mean Harry Potter! I graduated from UGA on Saturday, July 21st--we had a nice ceremony with just my cohort that I have gone through the program with. Andy, my family, and I then hit the road for the beach. We went with my parents, Andy's parents, and Andy's younger brother, Charlie, and his wife, Rachel, to Blue Mountain Beach for vacation. It was wonderful! We had a great time. Everyone was so laid back, we would hang out on the beach all day long, then eat our faces full at night. We had a blast, the weather was nice, and the water was gorgeous! Eli could not come because he was in pre-planning for his new job as an elementary P.E. teacher in Lebanon, TN. Keep him in your prayers as he begins his new career! I read several books over the week, and I got Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as a graduation present. To get ready to read it, I read books 5 & 6 to jog my memory. I began reading the last book on Saturday on the trip home, then finished Monday morning at 1 am--I could not stop reading it! I have seen several other blogs and know that many of you are Potter fans. I am sad the last book is done, and want to re-read it again soon! It will not disappoint! For those who are thinking about reading the books, now is the time, because you can read them all straight through! Enjoy my pictures from graduation and the beach!This is Dr. Pam Paisley, our professor who led us through our entire program. She is awesome! Thanks for all you did for us!In front of the arches with my parents and Andy.
Drs. Don and Donna Davis (yes they are married!)--great professors! They taught us as a team--do you all think you could work with your spouse? They are a great team!
My cohort! We are missing a few of our friends, I had a blast with you all!
My parents posing for picture time!The water was gorgeous!With Andy's family (Rachel left to go home for graduate school, so she missed this pic!)

Andy and Charlie in the ocean--sorry the picture is not the best--I just thought they were so cute!

Andy and I on the walkway to the beach! How cute is my husband?!?

5 comments:

Angie said...

Fun, fun, fun! We're going to the beach in September, and I can't wait!! When do you start back to school (work) ?

Becky said...

Congrats on graduation! yay! yay! yay! And what a way to celebrate at the beach! woo! hoo! Great pics! Love and miss you!!

Jillina said...

Congrats Bethany!!

chris anne said...

glad you had fun at the beach. you're officially the most learned person i know! congrats on finishing school. i'm very excited for you.

Kim said...

Such great pictures! How fun.
And I'm glad you enjoyed Harry. I cried when I was done. I'd been with these kids as they grew up, and now there are no more books. =(