Blog Background

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Summer Fun!

To borrow a term from Lauren, I have been a total "blog-stalker" and not an actual blogger this summer. I feel as though I don't have as much to contribute to the blogging world (I have no skunk stories or babies stories to tell you about). I'll do my best, though! My summer has been filled with, well, nothing until last week. Callie and I have been lounging at the pool the entire summer, but last week, I headed off to Camp Wetoga, the Bible camp that I grew up going to. I was one of the counselor's of the "G-3" cabin--I was partially in charge of 12-14 year olds, and before I went I was a little nervous. There is a reason that I am a counselor in an elementary school, I don't feel confident enough to deal with middle school girl drama--but ready or not--it was there! I had no expectations of the week, but even if I had had some, they would have been blown out of the water! I was blessed by each and every one of the 21 (yes, count them) girls who were in my cabin. I was even more blessed by the Bible teacher and counselor I was with, Susan Davis and Ashley Perry--we had a blast, even when we had to tell the girls 17 times a day, "You need to go change", "Please don't wear that", "I know it is a song, but you cannot wear the shirt here", and my favorite: "Get your head out of his lap, hand-holding only, please". We were blessed to have 4 girls in our cabin dedicate their lives to Christ--what an amazing week! I could go on forever, but I'll just post some of the pictures from camp and ask you not to judge any of us by how we look--it's church camp!!!!!

This picture is for Whitney, Heather, and Brooke--it's Cornerstone, baby!!!! I tried not to scream like a teenage girl when they performed:)!

Our cabin picture for the week!

Ashley, Susan, and me on Thursday night, I miss you girls already!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, fun! I was a Maywood girl. You were so brave to do that age group. I love all the things you had to say to them during the week! :)

Kim said...

Gotta love good camp fun. =)

Laurie said...

Yay camp wetoga! I haven't thought about that place in a really long time. Glad you had fun!

Whitney said...

YAY for CORNERSTONE!!! The heart throbs of our pre-teen to teenage lives. Remember when we thought we were their favorites? Darin was my fave. OH the memories of Camp Wetoga!

Tess said...

Hello, you may not have a skunk story or a baby story, but uh, you have a snake in your darn back yard. The way you try and stab it everyday is pretty frickin hilarious if I say so myself!