Blog Background

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nashville, Florida, The Shack, & Twilight...

The title of this blog is a summary of what I have been up to over the past week. The weekend of the 12th, Andy and I headed to Nashville for golf (him) and picnics (me) with friends. When I returned from Nashville, after a retreat with school, I headed to the beach with my mom, Eli, and my little cousin, Parker. We hung out on the beach for a few days, before visiting my cousin, Heath, his wife, Kate, and their son, Carter, in Jacksonville. We had a blast! While I was gone, I discovered (through the help of Eli and friends) some great new books: The Shack (Christian) and Twilight (young adult Harry Potteresque, except with vampires). Eli let me borrow The Shack and he was also the third person to say something about Twilight, so I had to read it. Both books are a must-read--and Twilight is a series, and I have just finished the second book, New Moon. You have to get them! Two very different genres, but both very good! You can probably tell that I am not much for details in this blog, I just wanted to post some pictures so you can see what has been going on! Enjoy the rest of your summer--mine is ending all too soon!
Our lovely hosts in Nashville: The Sciortinos! Thanks for letting us shack up once again! And right below, Andy and Andrew

Here is Campbell singing "Seek Ye First"--do you think he is listening in church? I think so!

My cousins: Kate, Carter, and Heath Perkins--we had a great time in Jacksonville!

A beautiful sunset

Parker!

Eli and Parker with some short fisherman outside Down The Hatch

Everyone but me (someone has to take the pictures!)

I made Eli pose for this picture--I think it needs to be his new Facebook profile shot. I told him that I put the book in it so everyone can see that he is academic-minded:)!

8 comments:

chris anne said...

great pictures! glad you guys had a great time at the beach. is it bad that your blog has more pictures of my family than mine? thanks for taking that video of campbell singing. now he's learned "Pierce My Ear." it's awesome!

Leslie Ware said...

love love love the pictures and the video of Campbell. Hope you are having a good summer...

Leslie

Kim said...

Glad you had fun. =) That video of Campbell is so cute!!!

Angie said...

What kind of "shackin' up" where you doing at the Sciortinos???

Jillina said...

I am so glad to have some book recomendations! I was literally saying last night I need to go get some books to read but I don't even know what's good. Thank you Bethany!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

you've been a little traveler sounds like. glad you had good trips. oh, and I loved cornerstone too!

Jillina said...

I'm so sad I missed seeing you this weekend but I hope your reunion was fun - yeah I'm skipping mine.

Tastiman said...

Thanks for sharing great blog.
Filter Cloth