Blog Background

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Flu...Boo.

It's official...for the first time in my life, I have the flu. It has been a very quick journey. Earlier in the week, I had a scratchy throat and a stuffy nose, but there is nothing new with that, it is Spring, and allergies are acting up (is what I thought). After school on Thursday, I began to get achy & weak. By the time I woke up on Friday, I felt like I had been hit by a transfer truck. I called in sick to work (for only the second time in 2 years, I might add) and headed to my doctor's office. She managed to work me in. But I don't know if you call an over 3-hour doctor's visit as working me in. They swabbed my nose (yuck!) and it was official...FLU! I have been laid out since then, with Callie as my nurse. If I am sleeping in the bed, she is right next to me, otherwise she is right nearby, it is too bad that she cannot go get my medicine for me. Andy has been missing in action, I think he is afraid he is going to catch it. It is no fun. Next year, I am definitely getting the flu shot--no doubt! I'm am definitely sick and tired of laying around and watching E! Entertainment Television--but if you need any celebrity updates, give me a call, I know what is going on with everyone: Brittany, Lindsay, Paris, everyone! I hope everyone else is healthy and well!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

ohhh. the flu is horrible. One bout will make you a believer in the shot! Get to feeling better soon!

chris anne said...

poor thing. i hope you are feeling better and on the mend really soon. take care! and make andy take care of you!

Whitney said...

Aw, Bethany! So sad that you have the flu!!! I don't think I've ever had the flu before either...maybe when I was a kid. I never get the flu shot either and I have my own theories about that. But anywho, yes, make Andy take care of you! He can wear a face mask...hahahaha! Wouldn't that be hilarious?? I hope and pray that you get better soon!! Love you!

Cristie said...

The flu stinks! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Kim said...

Oh no! Bless your heart! I keep wishing I'll get sick- I'd like to take a few days off. =) I hope you feel better, though.

Leslie Ware said...

Bethany, I am soooo sorry. I was the opposite of you and I got it really early this year--New Year's Eve. I hope you feel better soon. I just wanted to warn you--you can still get the flu even if you get a flu shot. You are just sick for a much shorter period of time, I was sick for like 3 days. Anyway, I'm thinking about you.

Leslie

Whitney said...

Hey, I sent you an email to the andybethany email address but not sure if you check that often. Just a heads up:)

Angie said...

Yuck! I've never had the flu, but I hear it's awful! Hope you're back to your regular self REALLY soon!

dad mctee said...

Yes, and if you were all unaware, Andy also ended up with the flu! But, now everyone is feeling better and I am glad. I thought I was going to have to dispatch Momma to Gainesville to take care of things, but Callie the dog saved the day and played nurse. Glad you guys are both feeling better now!