Blog Background

Saturday, January 12, 2008

To New Beginnings...

Andrew Sciortino
Ella Grace Fua
Happy New Year everyone! I would go back and tell you all about my Christmas holidays, but it is too much to type about, so I'm starting fresh for 2008! First of all, I must say that being in the school system is a glorious thing, especially when you get 2 weeks off to sleep in and lay around in your pj's all day. Andy got alot of time off too, so we got lots of quality time together, it was so nice:)! At the very end of the holidays, Chris Anne and Rebecca did the thing that gives me nightmares to even think about--they went through labor, and had babies! Andrew was born on January 3rd, and Ella Grace was born on January 5th--maybe we should go ahead and arrange a marriage for these two, because they are two gorgeous kiddos!

As I type, Angie is in the hospital having Emily. She was supposed to be induced this morning, so I hope she is done by now, if not--GET THAT GIRL AN EPIDURAL!!

Speaking of babies, I am going to leave you with a funny story from the world of school counseling. No names will be used to protect the innocent. Two fourth grade girls came to me on Friday afternoon to let me know that a little boy had been saying inappropriate things to them that was giving them a funny feeling in their stomach. The kids at my school know this feeling is called the "uh-oh" feeling, and when you get it, go immediately to an adult you trust to talk to them about whatever is going on. Anyway, they told me that a little boy in their class asked them if they knew how babies were made, and then somewhere else in the conversation, he told them (please sit down for this if you are a parent...) that "white stuff comes out of a boy's...". I leave the last part blank because they could not even tell me the phrase, they had to write it down, and then they didn't know how to spell the last word, so I had to repeat the phrase back to them with the "private body part" word filling in the blank. Needless to say, I had to go get the little boy out of class and figure out how he knew this. It turns out that an older brother had blessed him with this knowledge. How lovely. There is nothing like ending your day at school, calling little girls parents to tell them that a classmate had informed their daughter that "white stuff comes out of a boy's penis". I hope you all had a funny ending to your week!

9 comments:

Jillina said...

I agree Andrew and Ella Grace are 2 beautiful babies!!

Becky said...

Happy 2008 to you Beefy!! Love your school story!! hahahahahaha! I bet you are so great with those kiddos!! Love you lots!!!

chris anne said...

that story makes me laugh and terrifies me at the same time. glad those girls have someone like you to talk to. and thanks for the compliment on Andrew. so far, his personality is just like his namesake, so for that, i am very grateful!

Whitney said...

HAHAHA!!!! That's hysterical! And...very disturbing! But you know, maybe that was a good thing because those girls will probably be scared to death to get near a penis for a very long time!!!

Rebecca Fua said...

bethany...thanks for posting the picture of ella grace. sorry i have not called you back. things got a little crazy just a day or so after you called. can't wait for you to meet her. please call us when you are in town! love you!

dad mctee said...

I hate to tell you, but they are misinformed. Everybody over the age of 30 knows that all children come from the land of Nod with the Stork!!

Angie said...

I was constantly shocked and amazed by how much my students knew about "certain things." They even taught me a few things over the years... :)

Lori said...

that story is hilarious! we could probably swap stories all day! i had to run and tell that one to jordan though. : ) funny stuff.

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

What a school story! Hilarious!
Congrats on all the new babies, and I can't believe Hollee is having triplets. I'm like you...scared of the idea and more.