Blog Background

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day!

Downtown Gainesville at the beginning of the snowfall!

I just want you all to know that it is currently 6:10 am in the morning, and I am off of work today! All of metro Atlanta received beautiful snow late yesterday afternoon into the night. Everyone was nutty at school yesterday because we were all excited to possibly have a day off today. We were stalking the Doppler radar like meteorologists, and I was doing my best snow dance throughout the day, and it worked! When I got home from a meeting, we ate dinner, and I put on my ski gear, and headed outside! It was glorious! I wanted to sled, but Andy said there was not enough snow--I guess it was just wishful thinking. Callie thought it was the greatest thing, because she just ran around like a crazy person the whole time. I was so excited about maybe missing school, that I did not sleep very well, I promise, I am like a kid. I needed a kid last night to play with, but since I don't have one, I just looked like a silly Abominable Snowwoman playing in the snow by herself. I am stealing a picture from a local news station of downtown Gainesville, before the snow started sticking to the ground, more pictures may be to come! Oh, by the way, has anyone read Hollee (Huston) Ford's blog lately? Her and Sam are expecting triplets!!!!! Holy Multiple Children, Batman! We definitely need to pray for a long and healthy pregnancy for Hollee. Check out her blog: http://holleeford.blogspot.com/ There is also a teacher at my school who needs prayers for her unborn baby, Addison Leigh. I won't give you all the details, just her blog address so you can keep up--your prayers would be much appreciated for both these families. The Chastain family: http://babyaddisonholdsourhearts.blogspot.com/
Happy Thursday to all!

9 comments:

Jillina said...

Yay for your snow day!! William has been walking around pointing outside Nooo (translation-Snow).

What about Hollee! I'm in their loop so I hear about this stuff and hold my tounge till it's public and this has been killing me. What a blessing!!

dad mctee said...

Yeah, it's just great if you have a job where you can stay at the house! Some of us poor slobs have to go out and drive around in it all day. That's OK - it's supposed to snow even more in NW Georgia this Saturday, and I'll be out playing in the snow by myself!! Back at 'cha!! I notice you personified my grandchild, Callie the dog. I guess she still thinks she's human, huh? Hope all of y'alls kiddos do OK, and love the "No" (translated: snow).

Kim said...

Booooo!!! We still had school. Gwinnett never cancels. =(

Hollee said...

Thanks for the shout out Bethany! We need all the prayers we can get.

Angie said...

Soooo jealous of the snow! I would play out in it by myself, too!

Lindsay said...

I'm pretty jealous. No snow ideas for me : (

Abbi said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I miss Katie so much. It's been great to get to know you and her other friends!

Ahh, snow. I live in OKC, but grew up in NE. I've had enough snow to last my whole lifetime. Next time we get some, I'll send you a box full. :)

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Good to check in on you Bethany! I read some of your older posts including the one of your friend Katie. Thank you for sharing about her. Hearing stories of godly people whose lives are cut short really make me just want to dive into the scriptures more and become even closer with the Lord. We never know when the Lord will call us home, we have to make our lives count for eternity! Amen sista? :)

Abigail and Ansley said...

Just wanted to say hey! Love and miss you!