Blog Background

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving...

Well, I now realize that I am truly not meant for the blogging world. I take way too long between posts, but here is my latest one! Thanksgiving weekend was absolutely wonderful. Being in the school system totally rocks because I had a super long weekend. Wednesday was spent staring at my house telling myself I need to clean it, but it's my vacation, right? Thursday was my FIRST Thanksgiving away from my family, and it was definitely weird. Of course Andy's family had a fabulous spread, and I stuffed myself full. Later that night, we saw the movie, "The Guardian" with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. GREAT movie, but I am about to spoil it--skip down a few sentences if you want to see this movie. One of the main characters dies at the end! I mean seriously, I know Hollywood thinks it is so dramatic, cool, and Oscar-worthy to kill off one of the head honchos--but it stresses me out, because by the end, I'm loving all the main characters--don't kill them off! This must have been the weekend of crappy ending movies--because "The Break Up" kinda does the same thing (except no one dies, don't worry!!). Friday, Andy and I went to NC to buy furniture--and we got some awesome deals! It's a good thing we bought something, because we drove 3 1/2 hours both ways, and I would have been pretty crabby if we hadn't come back with anything. Saturday, Andy had a friend from work getting married, so we had to give away our UGA/GA Tech tickets (Boo!) to go to the wedding. It was okay (not as fabulous as all of yours!)--but I did see the most amazing wedding mullet I have ever seen. It was truly a phenomenon--it was like the guy never left 1981. Thankfully, it was not the groom, but one of his lifelong friends! Oh, I guess I shouldn't poke fun on my blog...oh well. We went home to watch the game--GO DAWGS!!! SIC 'EM!!!! WOOF, WOOF!!!!! So that totally rocked because we won. We then went to get our Christmas tree. All in all, a most wonderful weekend hanging out with family and my awesome husband! I would go into all that I am thankful for, but I won't. I will say, though, that I am extremely grateful for my husband who is truly my partner in life. Thankfully, my parents prayed for me to have a Christian mate, God definitely answered their prayers! Just last night, he vacuumed the house, and when I got back from class Tuesday night, he was cleaning the kitchen! What did I do to deserve him, I assure you, I did absolutely nothing! Well, I'd better stop yapping. I am lazy with pictures (you all know that by now)--so I will get some posted one of these days! Love to you all!

2 comments:

Jillina said...

It warms my heart to see new updates from the Beef! Glad you guys had a good weekend and of course we are celebrating the Dawgs with you. God help us if William ends up being a UT fan! Santa is filling his stocking with lots of little uga's and dawg stuff. Watch out when you have a little one I know where to find all kinds of goodies. :)

chris anne said...

glad the nixes had a great thanksgiving. did callie get any scraps? and yes, you did do something to deserve such a great man--you are you!