Blog Background

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Naked & Illiterate

Yes, my friends, I titled my blog, "Naked & Illiterate". When I was pregnant, my father-in-law saw me drinking a cup of coffee at church and he told me research had shown drinking coffee during pregnancy caused women's babies to be born naked and illiterate. I was instantly horrified and just as I headed off to pour out my coffee, I realized that ALL babies were born naked and illiterate! That one took a few minutes for my pregnant brain to grasp. How funny is that? When Camille was born, I looked at the nurses and told them I had drank too much coffee because she was naked and illiterate. It took them a second, too!
Camille is in the middle of her third nap of the day (Go, girl! We are entering hour #3!) and I have been surfing the Internet trying to figure out how I am going to make more money. I ran across Amazon Associates. If you link to products from your blog and people buy things from Amazon.com--you get commission from it. I keep thinking about all these books and products that I recommend to everyone having babies--could I use my blog to make money? Highly doubtful, but I'm going to look into it further and let you all know. Now, on to more important things...the girl is stirring, I'll check back soon!!

4 comments:

chris anne said...

love all the updates...keep them coming! glad you got some good naps today.

The Hazlewoods said...

Ben's family has one of those too...they say that if you work (i.e. mow the grass or work in the yard) on a Sunday then "your babies will be born naked"! Ben says it everytime we are driving around on Sunday and he sees someone mowing the grass! Too funny! I like the "naked and illiterate" one too! :) LOVE YOU and please keep the posts coming. YOu make me laugh!

Jillina said...

I am so glad to see all these updates!! Hope to see you and meet that sweet baby soon!!

Tastiman said...

I love the suggestion about writing to build a community. I really enjoy sharing the interesting and engaging blogs I discover... it's the "web" in web-logging, and making those connections is gratifying and good.
Boot Dryers