Blog Background

Sunday, February 14, 2010

38 weeks and counting...

We are 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant as of today--I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. Chris Anne and my mom came down for the weekend and helped me do some last minute things (like getting a pedicure, eating Mexican food, and shopping at Target--very important!). As the song goes, "My bags are packed, I'm ready to go..." I am fully prepared to have this baby at anytime. Unfortunately, she is not ready to come just yet. I have been checked at the doctor's office the last two Mondays, and no dilation or effacement--I had an ultrasound on Monday and they are guess-timating that she weighs 6 lbs. 15 oz. She should be an average size little bundle. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to be checked once more, I am expecting the same news...no progress. I'm trying to enjoy my final days of getting to be selfish and hanging out with Andy and Callie, it's too bad I feel like a beached whale trying to get around:) February 25th: here we come!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Woo hoo! I'm so impressed that you are all packed and ready! My suggestions for your last two weeks minus a precious little mole attached to your body: sleep late when you can and feel NO GUILT, go to a store by yourself with minimal bags and browse....for a long time, and enjoy that time with your sweet hubby and dog! Everything is about to be different, but you're going to LOVE IT (once you get a little sleep)! I'm so excited for you!
(Sorry, didn't mean for that to sound "advicey"--just wish someone had told me to do those things!)

Becky said...

Awwww Bethany! I get so excited when you do a blog post! :) I would love to see you right now!!! Take it easy... I know how it is to have ZERO signs that the baby will be coming out. Grace was late and they still had to force her out... so stubborn... even still! :) Love you so much and I will be thinking about you these last days before you're a mommy! Oh, and to add to Angie's list... you and Andy go see a movie in the Theatre!!! :)

Tastiman said...

I love the suggestion about writing to build a community. I really enjoy sharing the interesting and engaging blogs I discover... it's the "web" in web-logging, and making those connections is gratifying and good.
Boot Dryers