Blog Background

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Have You Ever Prayed For A Miracle?

Many of you received an email from either Whitney or I about a month ago regarding our dear friend from Dalton, Katie Whitlow. I am just now having the time to post the information onto my blog so that more and more people can see what is going on. If you go back in my blog "archives" to the end of 2006, you will see that Katie was diagnosed with leukemia, and immediately began treatment for it during the holidays. The treatments were successful, and Katie has been being monitored ever since. The doctors told Katie that her treatments would make her infertile, but in the fall, Katie, Jacob, and Merriweather found out that they were going to have a new addition to their family, Katie was pregnant! Please understand that the pregnancy in itself is a miracle from God, the doctors told Katie she would not be able to have children. Unfortunately, about 3 months later, they found out that Katie's leukemia had returned, and have had to make what could possibly be one of the hardest decisions ever: do they treat the leukemia, and harm the baby, or leave the leukemia alone, saving the baby, but leaving Katie sick? They have prayed and prayed about their decision, and have decided that Katie will not treat the leukemia. I wish you all could have the chance to meet Katie and understand what an unbelievable example she is to everyone around her. She is patient, kind, and loves everyone around her. She has a way about her that makes you feel at peace even when there is turmoil all around. In the past, I have asked for prayer requests for this or that, but in this specific instance, I ask that you specifically pray for a miracle for Katie and her family. Thank you to those of you who have already prayed about this and written to me, I know Katie's family appreciates it as well. I'm posting a picture that I swiped from Whitney's blog of Katie, Jacob, and Merriweather. Please tell others about this, and thank you for praying for a miracle for Katie.

3 comments:

Jillina said...

They are all in our prayers here. Please keep updates coming. Love you.

Kim said...

Wow. I have chillbumps. What a difficult, impossible decision to make. I will definitely pray and spread the word. Please keep us updated.

Kim said...

Hey! I sent out an email to about 20 friends with a link to your blog. Tell Katie we've got prayer warriors all over praying for her! I've gotten many replies to my email. And one friend asked when she's due.