Blog Background

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Well, another Christmas has come and gone, and with it the frenzy of shopping for gifts, wrapping them until all hours of the night, then watching people rip open what took you several precious hours to make perfect! Oh, well, it's all about what is on the inside, right?
Christmas is always mine and Andy's favorite time of year, and this year is no exception. We went home to Dalton the weekend before Christmas to celebrate my dad's birthday (the 23rd--stinks for him--the infamous Christmas shaft birthday!) and celebrate with my side of the family. We racked up in Dalton, then headed to Gainesville. Andy gives me a budget with which to shop every year, and so I worked especially hard this year to stay within the budget, and get him everything his little heart desires (even though he never knows what he wants for Christmas!). So, I only went a little over budget, and when I began unwrapping my gifts, I realized that apparently the budget does not work both ways--he blew it out of the water (but will not admit it:)) Even though getting things is definitely fun, it has been so wonderful spending quality time with both of our families, and realizing how very lucky we are that we both love each other's parents and siblings, and our holidays are not a chore--but a blessing! I cannot post any pictures right now, because the site is being ornery! I will post them a little later on! Love to all!

3 comments:

Jillina said...

Glad you had a good christmas. Tell yo daddy happy late birthday.

Lindsay said...

It was so great seeing you last weekend. I've missed all of your stories!

Lindsay said...

You need to update this thing!!!!